J VISA (Exchange Visitors)2018-04-16T20:46:13+00:00

The J Visa is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchanges. Foreign nationals come to the United States to participate in a wide variety of educational and cultural exchange programs. Designated sponsoring organizations facilitate the entry of foreign nationals into the United States as exchange visitors to complete the objectives of one of the exchange visitor program categories, which are:

  1. Au pair
  2. Camp Counselor
  3. Student, college/university
  4. Student, secondary
  5. Government Visitor
  6. International Visitor (reserved for U.S. Department of State use)
  7. Alien physician
  8. Professor
  9. Research Scholar
  10. Short-term Scholar
  11. Specialist
  12. Summer work/travel
  13. Teacher
  14. Trainee

Each category of exchange has specific requirements and regulations. Before you can apply for a J visa, you must apply, meet requirements, and be accepted for one of the Exchange Visitor Program categories through a designated sponsoring organization